Sunday, November 4, 2012

Day One, Month One - I am unstoppable

Well, that title is kinda lame because on day one you should be unstoppable. I can't have been that hard yet... Right?

So, this morning I weighed in at 183.4, yes a whole pound down from yesterday!  Now don't get me wrong, most any other day I would say water weight, or some other excuse not to say that it was my doing.  BUT, in my new lifestyle, a new me,I am going to take credit!  Heck, I ran yesterday (a good run too), went to the dog park, refinished a quilt rack, and, at lunch I only ordered a mushroom enchilada and rice.  That's right, only 1 enchilada!  So, I think that I deserve a pat on the back for those choices!

Ok, moving on to my plan for the rest of my life, (or at least month 1):

MY DIET:  I am going to try something new- carb cycling.  I bought Chris Powel's book on carb cycling because I should be following a low carb/low GI diet due to having PCOS (another post), but it is just so hard to cut carbs out completely.  This seems like a really easy and sensible solution!  You alternate high and low carb days, still while counting calories.  You are supposed to eat 5 small meals per day & this will be the most difficult part for me, especially when you only are eating 1200 - 1500 calories a day!  That is 250-300 cal per meal.

Breakfast on both low and high carb days you get to eat a carb and a protein.  Then on the high carb days, you do the same thing for the other 4 meals.  On low carb days the other 4 meals are protein and vegetables.

Then the best part-  you get one cheat day that is high carb and high calorie!  So, you can save those cravings and eat those on your cheat day if needed!  Love this!

There are some rules to the eating plan.  One is that you must eat within 30 min of waking.  The other is that you must eat every 3 hours, which could be hard due to my meeting schedule at work.  But not excuses- I will find a way!  It will require a bit of planning, but the results will be worth it!

My plan:
Sun - high carb (1500 cal)
Mon - low carb (1200 cal)
Tues - high carb (1500 cal)
Wen- low carb (1200 cal)
Thurs - high carb (1500 cal)
Fri - low carb (1200)
Sat- cheat/high (2400)

EXERCISE: there is a workout component to the book, but I am not going to follow it exactly.  I am hoping that I will actually be working out more than the book recommends! The one thing I still have to figure out & that is the strength training component.  I may try to of..ow the book, but t is hard to follow.  So, I may look for a better laid out plan on line.  But, I the end, you have to do cardio and strength 5 days a week.  I do have goals set around this for the first month, see previous post.

LOOKING AT THE WEEK AHEAD-
Alright, now on to grocery shopping, menu planning and planning for my week ahead.  Looking a ahead, this week will be slightly interesting, as we leave for MI late on Friday night foe a biz turned pleasure trip.  I have already said that I will be packing work out clothes.  And the diet should be fine as sat and sun are my high carb days.  Monday I will be doing work stuff and Tuesday as well.  I fly home late Tuesday night.  Hopefully I will stick to the plan!

Happy Sunday!



No comments:

Post a Comment